Monday, February 08, 2010

what a difference a week makes!


Since my meltdown last week I decided it was time to make some changes over here with the goal of working smarter not harder, to have more balance and be able to grow into this new life! The first thing I had to admit to myself was that a big part of my immediate overwhelm was the disorganizationa and mess that has become my studio! After tripping on my hammer, slipping on pens, stepping in a big puddle of paint and not being able to find anything, I forced myself set time aside for a studio clean up-


and now all of my work counters are clear...




my paint is stored in clear containers and not in the middle of the floor...


brushes, pens and tools are all in their appropriate places...


all of my large pieces of painted canvas and fabric are hanging where I can see them...


smaller pieces are put away in large bins (someday I will fold and organize by color!)



the smallest pieces are tucked away in clear drawers...


my sewing table is free of paint cans and piles of fabric...


and my wall is freshly painted- for now :)

This clean up has already made me feel so much better, clear headed and inspired! I have a number of other things to do to get organized that will take some time but this is a great way to kick off my mission to better work habits- what a difference a week makes!


***I am in the midst of updating my teaching schedule so please keep checking the left column of my blog in the next couple of weeks for new classes.

***The rest of this week will include lots of tutorials dedicated to love and hearts- I can't wait to share lots of inspiration!!

17 comments:

Eden said...

I adore your studio! Love the curtains in the background of your first pic! So much fun stuff to look at! I love seeing peoples studios...it's like getting a sneak peek into their creative head!

polishedtwo.etsy.com said...

Your studio is beautiful. The vibrant colors and bold images are very inspiring, indeed!

Melly Testa said...

Wow Alisa!
You really do have a good slice of the creative world over here. I agree with you 100% that working smarter really helps! I can't think well when everything is in disarray. I want a new Sterlite 3 drawer stackable for my thread stash, that would really help because now I am either hesitant to look for and use the threads I want or I loathe to put them back where they belong. The drawers really help! A simple and silly fix.

Staci Danford said...

Your studio is just the most inpiring thing I have seen in a long time. It's given me just what I needed to go upstairs and give mine a serious update.
Thanks for so much more than your realize you do.
Staci

kittyj said...

Woo baby! I'm starting a very slow clean up in mine and you make me want to take photos!!! Fantastic! Can't wait to see the new live classes and tutorials!!! THANKS!

Anna said...

what a great atelier...I am getting a bit green now! LOL

sometimes when I cleaned up my atelier..
I always seem to lost everything...I can't find my stuff!
it's tucked away somewere...GRrrrr!

peggy said...

wow, fantastic. I have to clean up or I can't work especially with the big pieces of fabric and canvas that I am creating, thanks to your fantastic class. enjoy (your the best). Peggy

Pretty Arty said...

I know that feeling !! especially for messy people like us:D

Caryn Lynn said...

I'm so glad to see you smiling, you are amazing and have been a real source of inspiration for me lately. Your studio looks so cozy, If had a comfy couch like that in my studio I might never leave it.

Carmen said...

Wow, looks amazing Alisa. My poor studio is in dire need of a massive clean up too. I'm sure I'd be able to focus a little better if I could find what I need.

Unknown said...

The life of an artist....I adore your space! Enjoy your day :)

Liz said...

Wow, I LOVE your studio! All that colour and fabric around....

Mary said...

It looks fantastic!! Amazing how organizing a bit on the outside affects the inside!!!

Love your studio, your ever changing "wall" is fabulous!!!

Jane LaFazio said...

your studio looks fab! it's so true, one feels sooo much better with a little (or a lot) organization! glad you're feelin' better!

jane eileen said...

It's amazing how some changes can make the same space so much happier, isn't it? I hope your teaching schedule brings you to Phoenix!

Ruth Rae said...

its clean for now but truly how long will it stay this way?

its time for me to clean up... layers work well in art work but not so much on your floor and table tops!

I adore your idea of the rolling rack for hanging I just may have to use this idea in my space.

I hope all is well with you, I missed you at CHA. your blog looks amazing and I love to see how you art has been changing!

Adrian said...

Good for you girl! I know it's hard to take time of for this kind of thing, but it really does feel good to have it all nice and neat. Now, about your wall... soooo beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails