Friday, January 01, 2010

Begin Again


Was it just me or was 2009 a rough year for others out there?!? While this last year marks the long awaited launch of my full time career as an artist, it also included a lot of really difficult life challenges-more than usual-that have made me just want 09 to be over with! So while today really feels like any other day, I have decided to treat the first day of a new year with a little more honor and respect than normal. Because I am an obsessive planner, always consumed by resolutions, a list maker, and daily dreamer- I don't usually view Jan 1st as anything that is special or different from my everyday mode of operation. But today I am feeling the need to embrace the symbolism of saying goodbye to the passing year, to sadness, worry, doubt and disappointment, the good and the bad and welcome a new day, a new year, a fresh start and the opportunity to begin all over again.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree! 2009 wasn't a favorite of mine. I really struggled with career stuff and was unemployed for part of the year because nobody had the money to hire new teachers. But, I've learned a lot from last year, too. Just glad to be through it and looking forward to this new year.

nadia said...

2009 was crap. I just have to say. I was happy to bid it good bye and actually felt refreshed when 2010 began. all the best to you in 2010. may you have much love, laughter and fun, fun, fun. ciao!

Contessa Kris said...

I learn from all experiences, even the cruddy ones. Last year wasn't the best so I'm looking forward to an even better year. Good luck with yours!

Happy New Year.

nacherluver said...

Amen to that!!!!

LR said...

here's to a new and happy two thousand ten.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails