Wednesday, July 08, 2009

what day is it?


What day is it? Oh yes it is Wednesday- day number 3 of my first week of being self employed and I am exhausted but in a really good way.  I have been working so hard preparing for the Renegade Craft Fair in LA this weekend (please come visit if you are in the area!)  and if life was different and the last month had not been spent leaving my day job and then traveling to teach in Oregon (and if I had NOT hurt my back) I would not have to cram all kinds of work into just one week....But miraculously, I am actually on top of everything and just about ready to head up to LA early Sat. morn.  


I have piles and piles of colorful clutches, pouches, pencil bags and canvas jewlery to fill up my booth.  At this point my studio is a crazy (but organized) mess of color and texture- LOVE IT!
  



I am also trying my best to get caught up on email, shipping the last of my etsy orders out and try to begin to plan the next year- unfortunately time is not on my side this week but I will just have to do my best.  I am also preparing for my next online class, Recycling Remix and I cannot wait- this is my PASSION right now- making art out of trash so check out the information here..its gonna be SO creative and FUN and in my opinion the best one yet! 

Ok I am off to try and relax for a bit and then it is off to bed and then back to the creative grind tomorrow!!

5 comments:

debinsf said...

I love the energy in your posts! Your love for what you're doing shines right through. I wish I was close enough to come to Renegade down in LA.

I hope you have lots of success and fun!

Kathleen in PA said...

There's just so much buzz about this Renegade Fair! I wish I were close enough to attend. Have a wonderful show and bring back lots of juicy blogs for those of us on this side of the planet who will be there is spirit. I can't wait for class to start on Monday! The remix is going to be right up my ally.

Cindy (JunqueArt) said...

Your clutches look wonderful!!! Good luck this weekend!

Jim said...

I found your blog by accident through one of your followers who also visited my blog.

What a wonderfully creative find this alisaburke is, I'll be checking in on you girl!

Chris said...

Alisa, we loved seeing your work at Renegade. My favorite was that one on the top right of the photo here, yellow edged, that beautiful silver and blue button, just gorgeous! I loved your journals, too. There's nothing like seeing them in person!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails