Monday, July 06, 2009

First Day on the Job

So I am finally back home from my long trip to Oregon and unfortunately the last few days of my trip I threw my back out (AGAIN!!) and since I have been back home in San Diego I have been nursing myself back to good health. I need to figure out how to better deal with my back problems but I am finally feeling better and today was the first day of my new job (working for myself).  

You will see below that instead of dressing nice, I am wearing my painting overalls, scarf on my head and NO MAKEUP- please note that for the first time in like 15 years my Monday morning did not involve putting makeup on! Instead of sitting in a cubicle I am sitting on the ground sorting through purses....


and in instead of sitting in an office with no windows I am now working on the computer in our patio garden....


and while I am SUPER stressed making purses and getting prepared for Renegade Craft Fair this weekend- I am thrilled with my first day of my new job :)  More to come tomorrow!

8 comments:

lee said...

stay off the floor till you have recuperated with that bad back.....love those purses

Cindy Swan-Eagan said...

Love the purses, and I agree with Lee - try to stay off the floor until you are healed. But...allow yourself to dance around the studio sans makeup & ENJOY!
Cindy

Anonymous said...

congratulations on taking your leap of faith - i did the same thing 6 months ago and it has been exciting & totally terrifying at the same time.
do i regret leaving behind the 6-figure income and a job i loathed to be an artist & photographer full time? no.
my house is my studio, my uniform is often my pajamas.
to me this is pure bliss.
enjoy yours!

jane eileen said...

My girls loved the clutches I bought them at Art Fiber Fest. Keep up the amazing work and have fun every day on the "new" job!

jackie said...

Just to say I really enjoyed your video lesson which I just bought from Quilting Arts - I really enjoy using bits and pieces from around the house and charity shops. Your use of colours and layers is great.

Jodi said...

I so envy you (in a good way) and am sooo happy for you!! How fabulous to do what you love! AWESOME!!!
...love your work attire and you are such a beautiful woman (w/ or w/out makeup!!)
~jodi

Cindy (JunqueArt) said...

Congrats on your new job!!! I am so happy for you and I wish you ALL the best!

lulu moonwood murakami said...

dear Oregon girl, i wish you all the best in your new adventure - you are an inspiration to those of us longing to take that leap as well!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails